Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Does anyone out there have any ideas on how to throw a dance party for a 4-year-old boy???

I have been asking Parker what he wants to do for his birthday, and he told me he wants to have a dancing party. So, I am working on a list of children's dance songs. If you can think of any to add to my list, please let me know:

If You're Happy and You Know It
The Hokey Pokey
The Chicken Dance
The Limbo

I know the library has a bunch of CD's with more options...

I'm thinking of constructing a disco ball out of tin foil...

And what about setting up the video camera so they can watch themselves dance on TV?

Hmmm...

6 comments:

ManicMandee said...

If these were girls, I'd have some ideas for you. But I think what you've got is enough. 4 year olds have a short attention span anyhow.
I am sure it will be fun.

Hey will you email me an update about you know...

Susan said...

I would suggest the YMCA and the Cha Cha slide too.

Brittany Owens said...

The wheels on the bus, down by the bay. I think you have some good ideas. Good luck with the party!

Anonymous said...

A version of Follow The Leader set to music could be fun...

Kris said...

Here are a few more: The Farmer in the Dell, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, Happy and You Know it, Ring around the Rosie.

I also have one called the B.G. Line Dance. I will try to email you the song. It's fun.

Your other ideas sound great!!!

Lori B said...

Have you heard of Laurie Berkner (she's on noggin'), my girls took a dance class and they danced to a bunch of her songs from "Under a Shady Tree". They love them, I even like them, (good thing since they listen to them over and over).

One song "Drive my Car" she gave them all a paper plate and they drove around, she'd change directions, reverse, stop, etc.
"Running Down the Hill" she'd have them plant themselves in the garden, then as the song progresses they open their petals and run down the hill, jump/spin/roll/dance down the hill.

Also, BNL has a Snacktime CD for kids (I think it's for adults that don't want to listen to annoying kids songs). We all like most of the songs a lot, my girls love the Ninja song, Polywog in a Bog, 7 ate 9, & Popcorn. They also sing "The Other Day I met a Bear" you can buy on iTunes.

One more (you're sorry you asked), Trout Fishing sings "My Hair had a party last night," another fav for my kids. Have a fun party!