Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A Day at the farm. A couple weeks ago I went with Patrick on a field trip to Upland Farm. We had a great time, and Patrick was happy to pose for quite a few pictures. So, here we go!

Before we toured the animals there was a show given by farmer Steve. As we were waiting for him to begin to tell us about the animals, I grabbed this shot of Patrick. It was a really interesting show. I learned a lot about wool, meat, eggs, milk and butter. We really do take for granted all the things we use and consume on a daily basis that animals give us.

Patrick really enjoyed seeing all the animals, and petting most of them. I only wish we could do something like this more often.


Awe, look at these sweet lambs!


Home on the range... isn't he cute up on the fence like this? I think that's a cow behind him. We also went on a hay ride and a walk through the woods that featured a life-sized scene by scene book called Farmer Duck. They also had a great play ground that Patrick seemed a bit more interested in than the animals, at first. It was a great day!

3 comments:

ManicMandee said...

How fun! Great post. Thanks for sharing.

The Hodges said...

Patrick has grown up so much! It looks like he had a really fun day.

Kat said...

Ah, my favorite field trip! I loved going to the farm with my kids! Patrick looks adorable :)