Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New President

So, today is the big day. I was just watching the parade as President Obama makes it down Pensylvania Ave. I must say, I was even a little caught up in the excitement. I wish I could be as optomistic as some of the screaming fans, but I will settle for being happy that we can now see what sort of action he will take. Change is good... I just hope it's good change. Either way, I sense that he is a good, sincere man, and hey, I am excited to watch history in the making.
The market also fell 330 points today. But who's counting.
As for loving myself, I can say that is going well. I have a new, happier outlook as I am becomming better at tossing some of the guilt that I have cumbered myself with. That's the first step (I think) to loving yourself... toss the guilt! Throw away unrealistic expectations, stop comparing yourself to others whom you only view from your limited perspective, and honor your limitations, as well as your talents and abilities.
That's all for now. Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

ManicMandee said...

You should start an advice column. That's what I say.

Very nice.

Kristy said...

I like reading your musings on life, etc! I was an Obama supporter from the beginning. I look forward to a new administration and am in awe at the giant step our country has made in overcoming part of our horrible history with treatment of African Americans. I look forward to the example to others that having a strong African American president will set in encouraging reaching for your dreams. The economy will not be fixed in a split second in my opinion so we'll just have to ride it out and see what happens - hello food storage counsel!

willmottfamily said...

Thanks for you comments, Kristy. I like hearing differing opinions. I totally agree with you... the economy is going to take years to fix, no matter who's fixing it. I never thought we'd see times like these, but here we are. I have faith, though, that everything will work out okay if we are prepared for what's to come.