Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Ah-ha! That's what was happening with Oprah!
Okay, I have mentioned how my trip to the Oprah show was a bit dissappointing. Well, after yesterday's show, I think I get why. She confessed to being over-tired, and not wanting to be seen by anyone because of her weight. She lacked balance.
Now, she came out boldly yesterday to admit all this and to urge all who was watching to:
LOVE YOURSELF MORE
As women, I think we need to hear this more than once. We can easily list off so many things we wish we could change about overselves, or our constant failures. We tear ourselves and each other apart. We need to stop.
So, I am loving myself this week as I rise up early and work out. I am not trying to lose a certain number of pounds, or be a certain size. I just want to be healthy.
I am loving myself as I say "no" to too many committments and open up time for reading that book that has been sitting on my nightstand.
I am loving myself as I take the time to develop more spiritually, and really ponder and reflect.
Come on, everyone. Let's love ourselves first, so we can be more loving to those around us. I really think this is an experiment worth trying. Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Kim Chapman said...

I couldn't agree with you more. How will our children learn if we don't show them? I want to do the same this year too. Thanks for your post!

ManicMandee said...

I'm totally for loving myself more :) Great! So how do I do it?

Kat said...

Great post! Thanks for the reminder. I think Sunday will be a good day to start ;)