Thursday, July 02, 2009

Okay, so I am only going to post a couple of photos here in the hope that I can do more later. We haven't had the greatest weather here, but when we do, I make sure that we all get out an enjoy it. One of my favorite summer memories so far happened a couple of weeks ago. Scott was out at church meetings, and so I thought I'd take the time to weed the garden while the boys played in the back yard. Well, to keep them happy, I gave them the hose and said they could "water the lawn" (it has a spraying attachment on the end). Patrick decided this meant "water my brothers" and they all had a fantastic time getting completely drenched while fully dressed. Combine their wetness with the garden, and well, they were a bit wet and dirty by the end of the night. Sorry, I didn't have my camera on me. But you can imagine Scott's face when he got home. I was able to get the weeding done and they had fun. That's all that matters, right?
Below are pictures of the boys doing some of the favorite summer activities... going to the beach and swinging on our swingset.


I've really tried to cutback on activities for the summer, but we've kept pleanty busy. The first part of June was nuts with end-of-the-year picnics (Joy School, Kids Day Out, Field Day, Boys Scouts, etc.) and then Patrick had a 2 week session of art and science classes. We've been attending story times at the library and keeping up with their summer reading program. Patrick and Parker are in swimming lessons. Last weekend we had Patrick's birthday party one night, and the fireworks the next. This weekend we have all of Scott's family in town. It's amazing how busy we can be without even trying.
As for me, I've been able to work in some of my favorite things, too (gardening, garage saling, and u-picking at farms). And look, I'm even blogging!
We even cancelled our TV service for the summer, and it has been great. Who needs the TV with so much to do?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We canceled the TV too. It's been so nice. I feel more productive and happier and the kids are enjoying going outside more.