SPRING UPDATE
Okay, so it may appear that we've fallen off the face of the earth (and quite honestly, I feel a bit that way too) but the truth is we've have a crazy bunch of life changing events. So, here's the update. First, in the certainty the Scott's bank was being shut down by the FDIC (which occurred last week) Scott accepted a position in Traverse City a couple of months ago. For awhile, I stayed with the kids in Port Huron, but since we've sold our house (closing tomorrow) we have moved up to TC, as well. Currently I'm staying with my parents while we look for a house. With all that was happening, I neglected to do many things, including blog. SORRY! Here are a few key moments that have passed by...

This is Tanner running to ride in the big yellow moving truck. He had no clue that he was leaving his house forever... just excited about the ride. He enjoyed the ride, but keeps talking about our house and hasn't quite figured out what "moved" means yet.

We had Parker's birthday at McDonalds. It was by far the easiest birthday party I've ever thrown. He loved it. Parker is now 5.

Patrick also turned 8, the week of our move. Consequently, his party consisted of family only. I wasn't thrilled, but I managed to make a huge cake while packing a house... he was such a good sport. His baptism is coming up, and we will try to make a bigger deal of THAT.

As you may have noticed in past blogs, every year we had tulips in front of our house, and I always took portrait shots of the kids. The tulips opened the week of our move, so I quickly took some of Annabel. It was as if the house gave me one last thing before we had to say goodbye... early tulips.

This is the family picture from Easter Sunday. Notice that everyone matches but me... I refused to buy new clothes while I am not my optimal size. :). That's the update! We are happy to be moving on after months of worry. Scott loves his new job, and we are thrilled to be in Traverse City (my home town, and where we lived when we were first married. Patrick was even born here). Now we're just excited to find our new home. Life is good!
3 comments:
Thanks for filling us in! Congrats on things working out with Scott's employment and being back in Traverse! And your baby is looking so grown up and adorable!
Love the pictures and the update! So glad you are back in TC and I can't wait to see pictures of the home that you decide on (as I am sure you are)!
Thanks for the update!!! I am so glad Scott found a good job and you were able to sell your house and move. After your facebook update, I have been wondering, so thanks for sharing! The kids are looking so great, especially Annabel!
Post a Comment