Okay, so I have noticed that on a few of my friend's blogs that there is a blog funk going around. I am one who has always blogged to show a few pics of the kids and tell a tiny bit about what is happening in our lives. Unfortunately, ny camera broke a while ago and it makes uploading pictures to my computer a royal pain. So, I don't do it that often, and today I am blogging without photos.
I feel fairly content with life. Now that Tanner is almost two, I feel like the baby stage is ending which I am very happy about. Unfortunately, he is a difficult todler. He has no fear and a lot of curiosity. Therefore, if we take him out and about, we spend most our time chasing him around trying to keep him from fatal accidents. SO, we stay home a lot. Hopefully this phase will end soon.
Parker is busy with library play group, joy school, and kids day out. That doesn't seem to be enough for him, though. He sees Patrick even more busy and wants to be like him. We'll probably put him back in soccer come spring.
Patrick is in first grade, and also does cub scouts and basketball. His big passion right now is reading (thanks to the accelerated reading program). It's amazing to see how much he has already learned this year.
Scott is too busy with work, church, and studying. I hope he can get a break soon. Unfortunately since Tanner needs to be kept home a lot, Scott is the one shuffling Patrick to his activities. He is a great dad. Thanks again to everyone that posted on his birthday blog. He needed that more than you know!
As for me, I am finally getting back to the treadmill after to coming to terms with the fact that my mommy belly won't go away on it's own. I am reading this great book right now called Toss The Guilt and Catch The Joy. I have learned that I do not need to be supermom. This is a big relief. I am very happy with managing my family of five, and what little else I can accomplish.
I guess that's all for now. Thanks for tuning in.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I totally know how that feels with a two year old. I had to do that when I was still pregnant with Brooks. I couldn't run after her with that gigantic belly. Things are better now, and I don't have any problems taking her anywhere now. Sounds like you are busy, hope everything runs smoothly for ya.
What a bummer about your camera! I relate to the 2 year old "run away" problem too. I also was chasing Olivia when pregnant and she was 2 and didn't listen to me. I lost her in Babies R Us and I don't think I took her to a store after that for a good month. Thankfully they do grow out of that stage so I will hope that it goes by fast for you! Have a happy Halloween!
You guys seem to be staying plenty busy! Now tell me how to get out of my funk.
Kaleb had that running away stage early....remember his jaunt to the street, when Tina Smith's mom found him at the edge of the road? I think he was just 18 months old then. He will grow out of it.
I just went to Time Out for Women, and the theme this year was Joyful life, with lots of Ideas from that book. And not having to be perfect was a great point they made. One statement I love and wrote down was, "My BEST is good enough". I think it goes well with the idea of not just looking for the good choices, or the better choices, but the best choices. If we are supposed to look for the best in the choices we make, then OUR BEST actions, plans, decisions, capabilities should be good enough too.
I hope that makes sense.
Post a Comment