Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Resolutions
I love celebrating the New Year. The idea of a fresh start really appeals to me. It is also a great time of reflection for me. For a few years I was also house sitting and/or babysitting for my neighbors the Nichols. Often, I would be alone (either after the kids were in bed, or because they weren't around-just house-sitting) just after bringing in the new year. I would usually take a moment to bundle up, and step outside into the very crisp fresh air (also because they had a dog that needed to go out, too). It was often in the still, calm, cool night that I would recommit to myself to live better, happier. Something about the snow and stars seemed to make it feel like I was getting a wish granted. I have repeated this tradition through out the years, mostly without anyone knowing. With that in mind, I wish you all a very Happy New Year! May it bring you the peace and joy that it has always brought me.

1 comment:

ManicMandee said...

Your Christmas looked great. Happy New Year too! Man, you don't blog too often, but when you do, you never disappoint. Thanks.