Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Day in the Life & Updates
below is a picture taken last week before Scott's surgery. Patrick is by the Christmas tree reading a book, Parker and Tanner are "operating" on Scott, who is on the couch, and Annabel is in her swing. This is a good representation of what life is like around here right now. I am happy to report that Scott is doing better everyday, though. And I am happy to have him around so much, even though he is unable to do much.

Patrick is growing up so fast. He is so sweet sometimes, it makes me cry. He wrote a letter to Santa the other day, and it said something like this, "Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is for my Daddy to feel better." We thought maybe this was a passing thought, but when we visited Santa a day later, he told him the same thing. AWE!

Tanner just had his 3rd birthday, and NONE of the pictures that I took turned out (my camera is on its last leg). I've learned how incredibly inpatient he is when is comes to birthday celebrations. I mentioned his birthday about a month ago, and he has asked for his birthday everyday since. SO, on Saturday (when we celebrated) I didn't show him his cake until 45 minutes prior to when the guests were to arrive. He started screaming and crying for the cake, and didn't stop until 45 minutes later when we (out of survival) started the party with cake).

He also just had his Christmas program at school, where he stood and didn't sing a note, but was able to pick his nose halfway through. Yes, I have this on video tape for posterity... Afterwards, all of the children were to sit around the Christmas tree and wait their turn to recieve a present. Tanner kept trying to creep around the teachers to the tree and had to keep being placed back in his seat. Of course, he was one of the first to get his gifts after that.



Parker has been busy learning many Christmas songs which he performs for us often. His memory is like a steal trap. I can hardly believe how many songs he already has in his brain. He is also the one who is most likely to follow me around and tell me made up stories. For example, "Mommy, Penguin is the cook, so he's at the table, and he wants you to help him cook and cut the turkey, and then..." you get the idea (literally, that's what he was just tellin gme as I was trying to type this).


Annabel is a sweet little girl, and I love just staring at her. She has given us a smile here and there, but I can't seem to capture it on camera. I am cherishing this time while she is so tiny. She brings all of us so much joy.


Well, that's the update.




5 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Perfect update! That first picture is so cute. I love candid real life kind of shots like that.

So good to talk to you today! Take care. You guys will be in my prayers :)

Anonymous said...

Those kids are just beautiful! Kari, you are doing an amazing job. I can't imagine how stressful the last month must have been on you. I gasped when I saw you still did Christmas cards. AMAZING!!! (This is the third year I haven't done cards). Total inspiration to me. Miss seeing you guys. Glad Scott is on the mend and we will continue to keep you in our prayers.

Kris said...

thanks for the update and pictures. I love your christmas card too. Annabel is so cute. Kassie just started smiling too. We love you and miss you and have a great Christmas!!!

The Fisher Family said...

Thanks for the update! We'll see you in a week :)

Lori B said...

Wow! You got a little girl!!! I had 3 older brother too, then one younger... I loved it. Congrats! your family is so cute. We still feel the void your family left, and that was 2 kids ago.

I have to ask how you know the Vanderlinden family. My brother Lane is friends with Mike, and kenny and I are friends with his younger brother Pete (their mom is also in my mom's ward). Anyway, I was curious when I saw their post on Scott's b-day blog.

Thanks for the card, we were out of town for 3 weeks for Christmas, it's nice to be home and had a nice stack of cards.

Keep in touch, keep the pictures of Annabell coming, she is beautiful and i love the name.