Oprah's Favorite Things
Yes, the taping I went to for the Oprah show was the one everyone shoots for... Oprah's Favorite Things. Before you get too excited though, let me tell you she did things a little different this year. Instead of "seeing the flat screens flying" she decided to change the show to Oprah's Thriftiest Holiday in light of the economic downturn we are experiencing. At first I believe most of the audience thought this was a set-up, and still believed she would bring out the goods at any moment, but it didn't happen. Instead, we sat stiffly and watched how to give heartfelt gifts and make a holiday dinner. We left having eated pumpin pie and with a copy of her current book selection.
Walking away from the experience was a little bittersweet. I completely understand why she decided to make the change, and feel it is completely appropriate. BUT, she seemed to be in a bit of a bad mood, starting off by only saying to us, "It isn't what you think people, it really isn't." She seemed to warm up by the end of the show a little, but did not seem to ever be the fun-loving Oprah I expected. Now, I have no idea what was going on in her life, and everyone can have their fair share of bad days. However, I left not enjoying the experience that much. I think it was just all the little things that added up (one being herded like cattle to and from holding areas for over an hour before we were able to be seated). I am, however, glad that I did it.
The show airs the day before thanksgiving. Let me know what you think. The one really cool thing is a free-bee for all viewers that everyone will want. You will have to watch the show, and then you have 48 hours to get the free-bee. And there are great recipes and gift ideas. Really, it was a great theme, I think I just didn't enjoy the studio experience that much.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I will give you a call so we can chat.
Where were you sitting so I can look for you?
I am sorry it was such a bummer. How frustrating that you get to go to the show that everyone pines for, only to go home with nothing. At least you went, and you won't be wondering anymore. I will look for you on t.v. Hope your holidays go well.
I'm glad it was a good time. It's not often we get to do those things that will fulfill a dream. And anytime we do it is a wonderful and memorable experience even if it doesn't turn out the way we expect it too.
I am not much of an Oprah watcher but I will try to remember to watch this one and be on the lookout for you!!!!!
I was sitting up in the bleacher-ish area on the left side (looking out fromt he stage, 1 row down from the top, 3 chairs in from the left (scott was 2 chairs in). I wore a red sweater, Scott was in Navy Blue.
Too bad it was a little bit of a disappointment, but still so cool that you got to go!!!
That's pretty cool that you got to experience that. I've always wondered what that would be like. E-mail me kpcthemom@charter.net so we can exchange addresses. I'd love yours too for Christmas cards. How cool is it that you know the Tiltons too. Small world, huh?
Post a Comment